July 16, 2011

It's a Twister....

That is the name of the template I used on the new quilt anyway. hehe. Well it was midnight and I decided to start a new quilt. It might not seem like such a good idea tomorrow(or today) when I have to be on my feet for 10 hours at work. But anyway..... Here are the blocks. I just used a charm pack(which is squares already cut 5") I then cut 5" alternate blocks and started sewing.
Added a border and then started cutting using the template.


So after three hours from start I have all these pinwheels ready to sew together. Then on to the borders. Just thought I would show you what I was up to tonight(this morning) Wish me luck tomorrow. Have a good weekend. Lisa




6 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a burst of energy to get that much done! I admire people who quilt. I just know that I would need a bigger house to be able to store all my wool and then a large selection of fabrics. I bet it's just as addicting as buying wool :).
    I sure hope you share your finished project with us!! It's looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa ~
    I'm not a quilter so I'm confused. You sewed all the blocks together and then cut 4 adjoining ones with the template? However you did it, it looks wonderful!!! Like Kathy, I hope you will share the finished quilt.
    I'd love to learn to quilt, but I just don't have the time.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get confused by the quilting techniques as well! I was never really good at geometry! But, I sure do like what you talented quilters do with fabric. This is beautiful. Please share the finished quilt. Good luck staying awake at work!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled through your blog, and love what I found when I got here. It's morning and I don't have your energy! I really love your blog picture header, just perfect! It took me quite a while to figure out how you made that top, but I do love it. Don't know that I'll ever look at square blocks the same way again!
    Really enjoyed it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is all I have to say - can't believe how your burst of energy turned into that - looks great - can't wait for updates - but knowing you it will be done tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, Lisa! I love those colors together, and the "twist" makes them really pop!
    Ummm... mext time you have one of these energy bursts call me and I'll let you come ove and clean my house... *hehe*

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you came for a visit. I hope you will leave a comment. I love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...