February 20, 2011

Too many things to do...not enough time

This is one of my newest projects that I have started. I often have more than one going at a time but right now I have a ton of things to finish. But I am going to try to stay positive. hehe. Isn't this a wonderful pattern. I just love it. I worked on it a couple of nights so far. I have some of the house blocks ready to blanket stitch the windows and doors on.
I thought I would give you an idea of the colors that I went with. I think I am going to iron on the pieces that are ready and put the floss and stuff in a basket and take it upstairs so that when I sit on the couch I can have something ready.

This is a pattern I got a couple weeks ago and didn't want to wait to start it. Go figure! I think I am going to use a more pink than red wool for the geraniums.

This is a blurry shot of some of my new thrift store wool finds.



Here are a few others. I just love the blue plaid. What a deal...a long skirt for 50 cents. Yippee


Here is a shot of the babies. I can't wait to take out that basket and wash it. The bird poop is all over it. I was able to wipe off a bunch(after this picture of course) but it needs some work. It is funny to watch them all try to get in there together. The darkest one is the youngest. He just got out of the nest for the first time on Friday.


I tried to get a shot of the babies. The one in the middle is the last one out of the nest. He is sooo little.


This one has such pretty coloring.






Here they are on the bottom of the cage. They are all eating on their own now. The parents still feed them once in awhile but it is fun to see them imitate their parents.

If they would only sit still once in awhile so I could get a good picture for once would be really nice. I won't hold my breath for that one.
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I hope you will get a bunch of things done on your list today. Have fun!








10 comments:

  1. Wow those are some projects - looks difficult to me! Love the colors! Great thrift finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa ~
    The babies are too cute! How quickly they've grown.
    Your new quilt looks lovely ~ love the colors.
    So what are you doing with all the wool? Just adding it to your stash? One can NEVER have enough wool...lol!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are so pretty--you are a talented lady. The birdies are getting so big--they are gorgeous. Are you keeping them all? It would be hard for me to give them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've got plenty to keep you busy! :) The babies are beautiful. I can't believe how much they've grown.
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Baby birds are dang cute! Love your Whimsicals project. Their stuff is so much fun. Keep up the good work!

    Great music, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birdie babies are so adorable, Lisa... but man, are they growing up fast!
    I love the pretty wool fabric- I wish I could come across a deal like that!
    I can't wait for you to start your project- I love saltbox houses and that is just too cute.
    No rush or pressure on you or anything... (hurry up! *hehe*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really like your house quilt. I love quilts, but I really don't cut with any kind of precision...so they come out a bit wonky. Great wool finds. Much of my current stash came from Salvation Army. I am recently buying new wool to get some specific colors!
    Happy stitching!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa...Your babies are adorable!!! Yes, I agree, I cannot think of all that I have on my list, or I would get overwhelmed. Just keep my nose to the grindstone and all gets done eventually!!

    Have a great weekend!!
    Bev
    Bee Haven Acres

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pets are precious! I love the birds! I feed the birds outside and love the songs in Spring. Wrens are my favorite. They always show up on Mothers Day weekend. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Miss Lisa... thought I would drop by and tell you I've been missing you and hope everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you came for a visit. I hope you will leave a comment. I love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...